Friday, February 1, 2013

Another voice?

Several years ago I was contemplating what it would feel like to reside as a spark of light in the celestial realm. I  was having trouble picturing communicating with my fellow "sparks", sans a physical voice or even a body. Since then I have learned a lot about the spiritual world through first hand experiences and my question about spirit communication is no longer necessary. Spirits/entities without bodies communicate through thought waves. It is as simple as that.

Our thoughts are the most powerful tool we have for good and for evil. Thoughts can cause a tiny seed to grow into a giant tree. Thoughts can also tumble a giant to the ground causing it to clutch its heart.

Our thoughts control how we feel inside, which in turn controls how we react to the world around us. We are who we are because of an accumulation of thoughts. These thoughts are the result of our personal experiences.

This pretty much explains the expression: You are who you think you are. Ah but you can choose to change that any old time you want to. All you need is a really clean mirror and the desire to look at yourself and honestly see what is not working for you. If you look at the floor you might see that trash can there at your feet. You know what to do next.

Someone once asked me to close my eyes and picture anything I wanted to. Then I was asked to open my eyes and answer the simple question- who is looking at the picture? Meekly I answered, "I am."

I was then asked if there was anything I cared to add. My response was, "the picture was in my mind and nobody else could see what I saw". I realized then that my view of life was coming from the inside looking out, not from the outside looking in. This simple experiment forever changed for me the meaning of the words I AM.

I am the only one in charge of my life; of what I see, of what I feel, of what I choose to do about it. Although it is very true that I am often inspired by other people, places and things, the thoughts I use to express myself in response to that inspiration belong to me and me alone.

In closing my thoughts today I am sharing an inspirational quote from the amazing teacher Helen Keller.

I am only one, but still I am one. I cannot do everything, but still I can do something; and because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do something that I can do.


No comments:

Post a Comment