Sunday, February 17, 2013

Time enough

The thought on my mind this morning is time. We are only given so much of this precious commodity to use during our human experience. I know I am not the only one who has wasted more time than I care to admit. Many of those minutes have been taken up with fear of taking a risk that my heart was begging me to take. Just jump off that diving board with your eyes wide open it was saying. While thinking I had all kinds of time to work up the nerve I looked down and the water had all dried up.

We never know when we will take our last breath. Being human carries with it much responsibility, but it also offers a special gift not available in the other realms we will eventually inhabit. The gift of the human touch is like no other form of communication. Simply holding another's hand in a time of pain or stress speaks more eloquently than any words could ever express.

It make me sad that we humans tend to listen to our egos instead of our hearts; remembering  past battles instead of looking forward to new adventures. Even the most educated in spiritual matters do not know the exact moment when our time will run out; that second when we no longer have time to make that decision that could have changed everything, if we had just taken the risk.

I want to close this post with sharing something that happened about three years ago to give you cause to think a little. There was a little boy who knew he was dying of cancer who was being interviewed on TV. This beautiful amazing child only had one concern and that was, "Did I do enough?"

No comments:

Post a Comment