Thursday, February 28, 2013

Fighting/attracting germs

I have not had a cold for so many years that I forgot what it feels like, but for the last week I have been fighting a battle to stay well. I immediately looked up the natural suggestions for dealing with a viral infection because I detest taking pills. I have found that most of the time they do more harm than good.

Making a trip to the store I stocked up on juice, fruits and vegetables and of course, chicken noodle soup. Taking a suggestion from the Mayo Clinic website on colds, I stopped drinking coffee, which I already knew dehydrates and went back to drinking generous amounts of green tea. I also held off physical exercise for a couple of days. I figured my body had enough to do just fighting off unwanted germs.

I really never had a lot of congestion, just enough to be annoying and get my attention.  Tissues and cough drops are not usually a part of my everyday paraphernalia.

After writing my post "After the storm" yesterday I started feeling better. It caused me to realize that the reason my body had allowed a virus to enter was because it was too busy fighting off negative mental energy I had yet to deal with. The body is a mighty miraculous machine, but if it is overloaded with stress it is not going to work very well. There was no doubt in my mind that I had caused germs to take over what is usually a very healthy body. 

I remembered an experience while recovering from surgery in 2011. For almost two weeks a tube running from my nose down to my stomach was pumping out yucky purple stuff. One morning I asked the nurse to explain where it was coming from. She said, "Everywhere, your body has been hurt and it is weeping."

Since I know my body is the temporary place of residence for my soul my job is to keep it well by not allowing stress of any kind to take over.



No comments:

Post a Comment