Saturday, February 9, 2013

Fulfilling a request

It has become my habit to use the time between waking in the morning and actually getting out of bed to have quiet conversations with spirits not physically present in my bedroom. Sometimes it is direct communication with my Creator, other times it may be with a close living friend and still other times it could be with a soul no longer occupying a human body. Today it was a combination of all three, none anymore important than the others.

This morning I received a request from a good friend who left earth in 2007 after a long battle with diabetes. Her name was also Barbara and we met around 1995. She was a wonderful, strong, funny role model for the entire community, even after her disease began taking her limbs. I have never known a more powerful soul. She never let anything stand in her way when she wanted to do something- anything!

Barbara has been mentioned in almost everything I have written. It was not until her death that I realized just how strong of a spiritual relationship we had/have. I believe that she chose me, while still living, to keep an eye on her beloved husband, John for her. She was the kind of person who would not hesitate to celebrate a holiday by cooking up something special. Since her death I have baked goodies for him off and on,  making sure he understands it is because Barbara would if she could. Those two had a unique relationship that would put most people's marriages to shame!

This morning my wonderful friend, Barbara, asked me to give John a Valentine gift for her. It was a very specific gift. I tried to talk her into just getting a chocolate heart, but she wouldn't go for it. So sometime in the next couple of days I will be baking a batch of sugar cookies in the shape of a heart with cinnamon pieces on top. It must mean something special to them and I am happy to be of service. In closing this post I am adding the beautiful tribute John wrote and published for his love a couple of years ago.





No comments:

Post a Comment