Thursday, February 7, 2013

A mixed bag

Yesterday was a really strange day full of mixed energy which led to mixed experiences and finally to mixed emotions. I believe it was one of those days meant to force me to sort things out and decide just what I want to keep and what I need to discard from my life.

The nursing home communication group was just me and two residents. Although it was intimate we  freely shared our experiences with nature such as: tornadoes, hurricanes, earthquakes etc. What made it interesting was the fact that we all came from different parts of the country so our experiences are varied. I was very happy with myself for finding common ground to talk about. My main objective is to get them talking, it doesn't matter about what. My purpose is to bring the residents who choose to participate in our group into the present. During this hour yesterday a couple of outsiders attempted to bring negative energy in. Although I noticed it I basically ignored it.  Yay for me, guess I'm learning.

Several other things happened yesterday along this line. The most traumatic was a serious misunderstanding with a friend. It started because I was seeking information to clarify a situation. I firmly believe gathering information from as many sources as possible is the best way to form a self-educated opinion. Taking one person's ideas without comparison of others leads to a one sided view. Even though my choice to investigate information led to a problem I hadn't anticipated I am happy I did what I did.

Since my writing group meets this  morning I have hopes that  the mixed bag of energy from yesterday has found another place to reside.  


No comments:

Post a Comment