Thursday, February 21, 2013

Mistaken identity

While tending my flower garden a couple of days ago I attempted to pull out what I concluded, after lengthy observation, was a weed. It looked like a weed to me. I am sure you are familiar with the saying, "if it quacks like a duck, waddles like a duck, swims like a duck - it is a duck."

Yesterday that little sucker started growing again. I have never seen anything living have so much determination! Not loving a soul like that is an impossible feat.

Contemplating what was going on, I realized that there was something different about this little fellow.  The only way I can explain it is he had shed a whole bunch of dried up useless garbage that was causing him to only look like a weed. Underneath all that stuff was the makings of a beautiful blossom just waiting to bud.

All he needed for full growth was someone who noticed him and was as determined as he was; someone to love and encourage him to become all that he was meant to be.

No one could be happier than I am that it was a case of mistaken identity and he will always have a permanent place of honor in my flower garden.  


No comments:

Post a Comment