Thursday, January 31, 2013

A letter home from the nursing home

Note:The following letter is being published with the full knowledge and consent of the writer and with written permission (signed, sealed & delivered) from Grants Good Samaritan Society.

Dear friends,

This is Marvine if you did not get a Christmas card from me. You are getting this form letter maybe because I am no longer in Monhanas, anymore. Boohoo, boohoo, boohoo, boohoo and boohoo. Now that my tears are all dried up I am in Grants, New Mexico. I was kidnapped by my daughter (not really) and this is where we stopped. I wouldn't let her take me any further west, and now I am living in Grants at Good Samaritan Nursing Home. My daughter put me here and she moved to Los Cruses, New Mexico, but I wouldn't go with her because I did not want to move away from this home that I now love and call home. If you care to know I cried for a whole month, but came to love my new home and friends. I miss you all and would love for you to visit me if you are in this area.

You would not believe what we have in this place, good cooks; I have gained weight to prove it. We have a beautician that comes twice a week; I have never looked prettier. The activity room is where I spend most (all) of my time. We have parties; we celebrate every resident's birthday and all holidays. You should have seen me on New Years Eve and I was not even drinking. At Halloween I won 3rd prize for best costume. You will never believe what I was, a Spider Lady. We had a lot of fun. At Christmas, yes there is a Santa Claus, I had my picture taken with him to prove it and he gave me all my beautiful gifts, so the card said.

I love everything down here and everyone here. I sit at my own table and crochet, people walk by all day long and we visit, I love them all. We have popcorn and movies at night. I am very tired at night from our busy days ready to go to bed and sleep good at night. In the morning I get up ready to go again. The leader of our tribe is loved by all of us 65 residents. I invite all of you to come on down and join us. Just let me know and I will see if there is an extra bed that no one is using. I will make sure I have my bells on if you come. Oh by the way, I hope you all had a very Merry Christmas and a wonderful New Years.

Love you All

Note:If you would like to drop a note to this beautiful spirit she may be reached here:

Marvine Byrnes
% Good Samaritan Society-Grants
840 Lobo Canyon Road
Grants, New Mexico 87020

1 comment:

  1. Marvines’ letter is an expression from her heart. As I read the letter I could feel her spirit dancing all about the screen. The Universe has lifted her up as a person we should all stopped to listen to, for her message of life is one of importance and holds value.

    Barbara you are being an awesome servant of God to embrace this kind heart into your life!

    ReplyDelete