Monday, January 28, 2013

Psychic perhaps?

This post is a rarity. I don't remember ever writing two in one day, but I just couldn't resist this particular one. It is absolutely perfect to celebrate the milestone I have reached on this day. It is a copy of a previous writing contest submission a couple of years ago. Although it did not win I received great feedback from readers who thought it was: humorous, a tease, clever, well thought out and made the reader think what if? I changed one word (throughout the piece) and slightly reworded the last sentence- don't peek now. Enjoy!

One morning I woke to the sound of a phone ringing. A man with a very pleasant voice said, "Good morning, I hope I didn't wake you."

"You did", I answered, "but it was time for me to get up anyway."

"I am the spirit that guided you to where you are today", the man said.

"No way!" I replied. "Spirits can't make phone calls to humans."

"They can if God makes it possible.", he countered.

"I have not felt your presence for some time I thought you were gone", I said.

"Not gone, proudly watching you finish the job of becoming who you really are. There is only so much a guide can do",  he added laughing.

"I am grateful to have this opportunity to thank you for helping me grow. I sincerely hope you have been rewarded for your hard work", I said.

"Reward is the reason for this call. Our creator has instructed me to tell you that your time for harvest has arrived. As a reward for your hard work and willingness to take every opportunity offered to align with your soul anything you desire is yours for the asking. The only question is- will you allow you to accept this reward?"

After a few moments of silence he repeated the question adding, "God is waiting for your answer."

Taking a deep breath, my enthusiastic response was, "Yes, I have worked my tail off and deserve every good thing God believes I deserve."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i-T1h7J0R-Q


No comments:

Post a Comment