Sunday, January 6, 2013

It's only a pill

Last week I had my blood pressure checked to see if my current medication is correct. Apparently it is as my BP was 124/69. I went to the appointment anticipating that it was going to be high and tried to do everything possible to make sure it wasn't, even eliminating my usual morning green tea. Having to spend 30 minutes in the waiting room probably helped too, as I used the time to do breathing exercises. When the nurse told me the reading my reaction was, "I'll take that!"

When the CNP came in I was informed that my medication, which is minimal, now comes in one pill instead of the two I have been taking. She said, "the pharmacists finally got smart" and asked if I wanted to switch. I agreed. When I picked up the new prescription I saw it was a tiny blue pill, unlike the pink one which is twice the size, and the white capsule. The sight made me laugh and I wondered how they got  everything into a pill so small.

This morning I took the first one and it almost felt like I was cheating. I would rather not be taking anything, but I guess I can tolerate a tiny little blue pill for awhile. In the meantime I am working on natural ways to reduce the number. I am sure my desire to eliminate negative energy from my life this year will do the trick. To start I promised my massage therapist that I would try gentle yoga after the holidays. I'll let you know how that works out for me. At least it's not a pill!

No comments:

Post a Comment