Sunday, January 27, 2013

Help is always available


I was inspired to do a bit of research focusing on the word hope. I first started with some synonyms which are: ambition, anticipation, assumption, belief, confidence, desire, dreams and faith.
Then there are the antonyms: despair, distrust, doubt, dread and hopelessness. There is a big valley between the two, but with the right assistance and determination the distance can be narrowed and often closed completely.

I can't think about hope without the words to the song "High Hopes" coming to mind.

Next time you're found with your chin on the ground
There's a lot to be learned so look around

Just what makes that little old ant
Think he can move that rubber tree plant
Anyone knows an ant can't
Move a rubber tree plant
 
But he's got high hopes, he's got high hopes 
He's got high apple pie, in the sky hopes

So any time you're gettin' low
'stead of lettin' go
Just remember that ant
Oops there goes another rubber tree plant

And that leads me to an excerpt from the touching song, "You'll Never Walk Alone".

Walk on, through the wind
Walk on, through the rain
Though your dreams be tossed and blown
Walk on, walk on, with hope in your heart
And you'll never walk alone

In surfing the Web I found a site offered by Pastor Don Follis, which listed 10 great ways to give people hope. I found his "bag of hope' full of helpful emotions and want to share it with my readers. His list includes.
Acceptance
Love
Appreciation
Approval
Connection
Comfort
Encouragement
Respect
Protection
Support

For a detailed paragraph on each emotion please see:
http://www.churchleaders.com/pastors/pastor-how-to/146122-ten-great-ways-to-give-people-hope.html

I am sure you can see how powerful that little word hope is for one's autonomy. If you are having a problem with hope don't just sit there and suffer please seek help.



3 comments:

  1. I like Hope and lean on her a little each day. She often brings her friend Faith along for me to touch which then has me calling out to Joy to come join us for a get together of giggles. Your words are perfect, and John’s efforts to help the needy are an unselfish act of brotherly. I am smiling!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete