Tuesday, January 8, 2013

If I could I would...

The last challenge for my local writing group, Write On People was, "If I could I would..."

My first reaction was, that sounds like fun! Then when I started thinking about what I was going to write it became a real challenge.

The words are pretty much like having a magic wand with the ability to change what is. The funny thing is that thought put a sudden twist on my thinking. What would I change if I could? Knowing that everything is connected caused me to see that changing anything would cause other things to tumble like a set of well placed dominoes.

I know this to be a fact. In 1999 I ended a forty year nicotine addiction in one day. Everything in my life began changing. Believing that I could accomplish this feat and asking for help was what made it possible. I have never been sorry for my decision. It has led to greater self-esteem, which in turn has led to the gradual demolition of other negative energy that was keeping me a prisoner in my own life.

That one word "believe" is what makes the difference between could and would. We come equipped with the ability to do anything; all we need to do is practice believing that we can.

No comments:

Post a Comment