Monday, January 31, 2011

A Young Hero

I was given information this morning that a member of my writing group for kids proved himself to be a hero over the weekend. I knew this young man was special, but I had no idea just how special. He pulled his brother and sister from a burning car. He later told his father, "I didn't give up, I saved them." All three children suffered first degree burns and their mother died in the accident. The details are still being investigated, but they do not change the fact that we have a real live hero in our midst.

As we journey through our life we never know at what moment we may be called upon to be a hero. We might not literally save another's life, but heroism comes in all forms. Just like miracles they are not little or big, they just are. When our chance comes to be a hero, we can jump in and help or we can stand by and watch. The choice is always left up to us.

I am very happy to have been given the opportunity to touch a real life hero who is only twelve years old. Great job Timmy I am extremely proud of you!

2 comments:

  1. Barbara, thank you so much for sharing this. Stories like this are precious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so welcome.
    All three children went through a horrendous experience that no person should have to endure. The details are on KOAT.com

    ReplyDelete