Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Tune Out the Noise

My exercise hour this morning was cut in half by being exposed to way too much noise. As I entered the gym to begin walking I witnessed a terrible banging coming from a young man who was shooting baskets by himself. My reaction was, oh crap! I decided to walk anyway, hoping the noise of his bouncing the ball as forcefully as humanly possible would cease when he saw he had an audience.

Dream on Barbara. The brutal attack on the basketball got worse. I wondered who was causing him to be so angry. Maybe that was just the way he always lived his life. I put up with the negative distraction for awhile and then began to notice that it was causing my body to tighten up instead of relaxing. It was then I decided to stop walking and go into the fitness room to use the upper body machines.

It made me feel happy that I refused to expose myself to negative energy coming from another person. I would not always have done that. Instead, I would have stuck it out, causing me to feel anger because someone chose an inappropriate way to deal with their problem.

Because of a friend, who has learned this same lesson from her life experiences, I am now more alert to sucking up energy that does not belong to me. She saw that I have actually done it all my life and casually mentioned it to me. I realized she was right on with her analysis. It helped me to see that I was never a negative daughter, wife or mother; I was simply consumed with energy that did not belong to me. When I finally shed it I saw my "naked self", just the way I was born to be.

From now on, thanks to my friend Maria, I intend to consciously stop absorbing the negative noise that is not me.

4 comments:

  1. Oh Barbara!

    I love your description of your "naked self"!
    That is Perfect!

    You are a walking sponge of 'energy aborption' my friend!

    I love that you stayed and worked out and didn't let the man with the noisy basketball get into your energy!
    Instead you acknowledged it and then removed yourself into another room!

    Barbara, isn't it so freeing?!

    You will no longer carry with you someone else's negative energy that you have been exposed to, but rather put up your antenna and remove the bad signals that are trying to enter into your energy field!

    Yayyyy !!

    xoxoxo
    Love to you Barbara!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your help Miss Maria!
    Now get busy creating your new blog!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This post is wonderful, Barbara! Negative energy can only bring us down if we choose to move into its muck. Kudos to you for moving into your own serenity! And Maria, you're a beautiful friend:) Love to you both!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Cindy and thanks for connecting me with Maria!

    ReplyDelete