Sunday, January 9, 2011

Award Ceremony

I just finished reading a friend's blog post, titled "2011 Sexiest Blog Award." Although it was no doubt written as a tongue in cheek piece,it gave me something to think about. It seems I have been doing a lot of that lately. Cleaning out the negative cobwebs from my mind has made room, where none existed for years.

The blogger seemed to be of the opinion that we all need praise, accolades, and awards to humor our ego and promote our "product". In the case of bloggers that means their words in the form of a blog.

Possibly I am just a little strange! I've been told that before. I do not need awards of any kind to keep on doing what I am doing. Of course, when others tell me they like my blog it makes me feel good, but I would be writing it without their compliments.

The only reward ceremony I am looking forward to is when my book of life is reviewed. If I am told that I did the best job possible; using my God given gifts to inspire others to be the best that THEY could be, I will have fulfilled my purpose as a human.

No comments:

Post a Comment