Sunday, January 16, 2011

Team Spirit

I have been to four youth basketball games since Friday night. It isn't that I really like the game, I love watching my grandson, Colin play sports. Being one of the smaller kids in his 3rd grade class I was surprised when he chose to play basketball. His game is soccer and he is quite good at it. This weekend his team, Magics, played in a tournament.


The team has only been playing together for a few weeks. They have only played three regular games, of which they won two. I am very impressed with their coach. He appears to be a quiet man who gets through to his team without yelling at them or chewing them out when they make mistakes. That's coach Fletcher mixing it up before the final tournament game this morning.

Although they lost the 4th game, I was proud of the way the team played. They displayed good sportsmanship during all the games and generally seemed to enjoy playing together. Often youth sports brings out the worst in kids, usually fueled by fathers who think they are the coach. I am happy to know that the Magic's basketball coach believes in stressing team spirit.

That's my little guy right up front exactly where he belongs!

1 comment:

  1. Barbara,

    Great photos of Colin in action with his team!
    I like their team name!
    Nice post!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete