Saturday, January 22, 2011

It's Not All For You

Thinking about the available resources in the world today that can enrich learning and evolving makes my head spin. It is like the universe suddenly dumped an enormous storage container and all it's knowledge spilled out for us to pick and choose what is just right for us.

When the title of this post came to me my first thought reminded me of an experience with my ex-husband. Sometimes things pop up with no explanation, that's just the way my mind works. I blame it on my muse!

We had a son that worked part time at Baskin-Robbins and as a family we would occasionally stop by to enjoy the treats. My husband would almost always select a vanilla cone, while I eagerly anticipated trying the newest flavor. Maybe that's why we are no longer together!

Many of my Facebook friends are spiritually evolved individuals and I truly enjoy learning from the information they freely offer through their photos, posts and websites. It feels right to be in their company. I allow my intuition to lead me in deciding what to accept and what not to accept, realizing that not everything offered is for me.

Recently I checked out a mass website regarding energy that was being offered on 1/19/11. My intuition said do it and I tuned into a previously recorded tape. It did not take long for me to suspect I was in a foreign land and the person was speaking a language I did not fully understand. Being stubborn and not willing to admit I may have made a mistake, I continued to participate.

When it was over I did not feel the positive energy that the speaker had promised. I felt tired from trying to access something that really was not meant for me. The experience was not wasted. I believe it was meant to teach me what I do not need. Possibly because I stuck it out I did absorb some of the positive energy. Only time will tell.

I truly believe that we are all given our own box of tools and when we learn to listen we receive clear instructions on just how to use them. Not everyone is going to benefit from the gifts we have been given, but those who do are the exact souls we are meant to touch and encourage to evolve.

No comments:

Post a Comment