Sunday, January 2, 2011

Baby it's Cold!

For the last three days I have been ice-bound, a prisoner in my own home. It started snowing last Thursday and dropped about 3-4 inches. I know that's not a lot of white stuff, but coupled with the fact it has been -15 degrees at night and not warmed up to more than 20 degrees during the day it is causing a problem. The road in front of my house leading to town is still a sheet of ice. My Hyundai Accent does not like to be driven on ice packed roads.

I learned long ago to listen to my intuition so I did stock up on essentials like cat food, water and T paper. Living alone with nobody to depend on, I have learned the hard way about little things that can become big problems. I also learned when it gets below zero at night it is wise to let a couple of faucets drip to prevent freezing pipes. The good electric blanket that had been adorning the guest room bed was moved to my room. Toastie toes are much more comfortable than freezing ones!

Since I have been ice-bound with not a single human voice to keep me company it has given me time to do some mental house cleaning. Possibly that's what the universe had in mind. I have looked at my life and taken steps to remove anything or anyone who is not serving my best interest. The trick is to do it with love, realizing that those are the experiences that made me the strong person I am today. So yay for their great performances!

Next and possibly the most important is I had time to finish up that manuscript I have been writing since 2005, when my second book was published. It isn't that I am a slow writer. Because of the nature of the material I had to live it before I could write it. I also gave my guide and muse, Richard, a well deserved vacation a few months ago and he took me seriously. I do believe he is back! In any case the project is finished to the best of my knowledge and is now titled, Journey of an Enlightened Egotist. Where it is going from here, only the Universe knows.

It's only 8:00AM and it Looks like the sun is up and intending to shine brightly all day. Perhaps this is the end of my ice-bound captivity. I really hope so because I need to hear the sound of a human voice before I go stir crazy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment