Friday, January 14, 2011

What Animal Are You?

I've been having a little fun today checking out a Chinese Animal Astrology site. It matches the year of your birth with one of 12 animals. Reading all about yourself through the eyes of an animal is very insightful. The 12 animals are rat, ox, tiger, rabbit, dragon, snake, horse, sheep, monkey, rooster, dog and pig.

My animal turned out to be an ox. The positive traits listed were pretty much right on. Among the not so positive ones, were stubborn and impatient. I found it interesting that learning to be patient is one of the challenges I took on in this lifetime. I'm getting better, but I am not going to claim I am completely there yet!

Some of my famous fellow oxens were Napoleon,Vincent Van Gogh and Walt Disney. I think that is pretty good company. Napoleon is actually a very distant cousin. Many years ago I shared that fact with a teacher and she thought I was lying. After checking with my mother she apologized. Honesty is one of the positive traits of the ox!

Another fun thing to do after you learn what animal you are is to check out the compatibility with other people you know. All you need is the year they were born. In doing this I discovered why my grandson and I are so close. He is a snake and the pairing with the ox is "a great partnership, on the same wave length". Checking into this aspect of the site helped me understand why I should intentionally stay away from certain people.

If you would like to know what animal you are Google Chinese Animal Astrology and learn all about yourself. You probably won't be very surprised. I know I wasn't.

No comments:

Post a Comment