Friday, January 7, 2011

Something to Think About

Since I was a child Chinese food has always been one of my favorites. In my current life I use this fact to celebrate when things are going really well. Last night I treated myself to the buffet at China Gate. A booth is my usual choice, but the restaurant was very busy for a week night, forcing me to choose a table in the middle of the room, near the food.

I selected all my favorites, mostly shrimp and veggies, with a little pork tossed in just because I love it with hot mustard. Yum!

As I began eating my feast, I noticed a slightly indecisive woman customer. She was wearing a white jacket and a furry black hat that looked to be very comfortable. She stopped by my table and asked, "Would you mind if I sat with you?" I replied, "Sure." She filled up her plate and we began to chat. She said she had been trying to decide whether to do take out and eat it alone or seek company.

I discovered Kathy was a nurse who had recently moved to Grants. We have several things in common including the fact that we have both been divorced for several years, we are independent women and our birthdays are only a week apart. We had a very enjoyable time getting to know each other.

It always surprises me when I run into someone that I know I am supposed to talk to, but I am not quite sure why. This is the feeling I got from Kathy. In addition to being a full time nurse, she is a trained massage therapist. Now, ordinarily that fact wouldn't be all that unusual, except when combined with another fact. Recent visits with my chiropractor have not produced the results I anticipated. On my last visit she said I want you to have three massage treatments before I see you again. I silently asked, "Are you going to pay for that doctor?"

Because of the holidays and general procrastination I have not followed her advice. As we talked, Kathy offered to give me a massage and added it would be free to allow me to see if I liked her method.

Just the other day I had the thought- it sure would be nice if I had a personal massage therapist. A few moments ago another thought reared it's head to get my attention- did I manifest my new friend, Kathy? That certainly gives me something to think about!

3 comments:

  1. Great story Barbara!

    Yes you did manifest your new friend Kathy!
    I love how the universe works!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. How about this for a follow up Maria?
    I've been thinking about getting a foot bath. I noticed Wal-mart had one for around $20 before Christmas, but I decided to wait. A few days ago I saw the price had gone up to $29 so I decided never mind. A little while ago I stopped by our Family Dollar Store to get trash bags and on the way out saw they had a Con-air foot bath for $20. I thought, what the heck and took it to the cash register, where I discovered it had been marked down to $12.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL:)))!

    Barbara, that is the greatest!
    You are soooo Connected.....all you have to do is think a thought and wha-la......it is at your fingertips!
    You are so wonderfully guided by spirit my dear friend!
    Enjoy your manifested foot bath!
    xoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete