Sunday, January 30, 2011

Step Back and Observe

This has been an interesting weekend. So far the Universe has given me several experiences that have allowed me to step back and observe how far I have come.

The indoor yard sale yesterday proved beneficial in many ways. Considering how little I had to sell I did very well. It didn't take me long to realize that my thoughts were actually selling the things I most wanted to get rid of. When I focused on an item someone would soon come along and buy it. This realization made it a fun day.

I had no sooner told the organizer of the sale that I needed a small desk than her son-in-law brought in exactly what I had in mind. Even better he was asking $2.00. It now resides under a sunny window in my office, replacing a table I had been using. I also picked up a Dirt Devil vacuum for $4.00. Even though I had said I wasn't bringing anything home these were things I actually needed and the price was more than right.

My space was next to a woman who a few years ago appeared to be a close friend. We have since drifted apart and once in a while have lunch together. Listening to the way she talked to people on a larger scale caused me to realize why the gap has occurred in our friendship. Her thoughts are very negative. She is a gossip who constantly judges others. She is fixated on being old and uses it to make excuses for her actions. The woman is only two years older than I am and I am very grateful that I do not live her life. She is ready to die while I am ready to start living.

Last night I clicked on FB and saw that I had a message from someone I had recently removed as a friend. This man is the author of an inspirational book and has over 4,500 followers on his page. For several months I was one of them until I realized I could no longer tolerate his "almighty" attitude. Granted he has studied and compared many aspects of spiritualism for years, but he does not have all the answers. He simply has the answers he needs.

He does not allow comments from others that are in any way different from what he believes. The final straw for me was his comment "I have come to realize that facebook is not the place to wake people up." Well, mister I believe that I am awake even though I do not believe every word that originates in your brain. Guess what? I have a brain too and it came from the same source as yours.

My former friend did thank me for tuning him into seeing spirits found in photos. It led him to a new relationship with his ailing mother. I offered to send her one of my photos and he said he had already shown her the ones I offer online. He added they had discussed the subject in depth and HE was the only one she would talk to about it. I simply wanted to give her a photo she could hold in her hand.

In a previous message he had said "I understand"(referring to the reason I had deleted him). No, I do not think you do, but maybe now you get the idea? Perhaps he just isn't used to anyone thinking for their self. It reminds me of all the years I spent in church.

That's the end of my tale for today. As you can see the Universe has given me just the experiences I needed to step back and observe how far I have come. I can hardly wait to see what comes next.

2 comments:

  1. Barbara,

    I was laughing the entire way through this post.
    You may ask yourself why?
    Because you are honest beyond words about your feelings and you hold nothing back on expressing your truth!
    Most people are afraid to say the truth, resulting in false relationships, situations that don't serve them....ect...
    You are an open, spirited woman who speaks her truth no matter what the outside world thinks.
    I love this about you!
    xoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can hear you laughing Maria!! If you don't speak up for yourself nobody is going to do it for you.

    P.S.What is really funny is that the two people who have commented so far know the "details"! Now that is funny!!

    ReplyDelete