Thursday, January 27, 2011

Stuff

Today I have been going through my possessions with a fine tooth comb. A friend talked me into participating in an indoor yard sale this coming weekend. I kept responding, "I don't have a lot to get rid of", but she kept insisting. I finally said okay! Perhaps there is a reason that I don't know about that I am supposed to be there. The function is at my favorite haunt, our family center.

Checking out closets and drawers did produce enough stuff to make an appearance. I decided it might be a good opportunity to sell some of my published books that are still packed in a box in the back of a closet. I always thought they were overpriced anyway and they sure aren't doing anyone any good where they are residing. My price is a whole lot better than the $19.95 + shipping Publish America was asking.

The best thing about writing a "timeless" book is it doesn't get old. Even though today I may not agree with some of the thoughts expressed when the book was written, they are still my thoughts.

I can't wait to see what stuff some of the other vendors are going to come up with. No matter how enticing I do not plan to bring any of it home with me.

3 comments:

  1. I have enough junk for ten indoor yard sales. Maybe you can drop by and relieve me of some of my unneeded possessions?

    Just a thought.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't hold your breath and eat your veggies!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. great idea Barbara. I'm moving house soon - a quick decision, but a right one. It's a new life for me, and it's a great wake-up call for me to go through my "stuff" to decide what will fit in my new life, and what I can let go. There's a LOT of "stuff"! Some of it is going to a table sale at a local community centre, other stuff to charities, and yet more to be sold at auction.

    ReplyDelete