Monday, January 3, 2011

Human Contact

The ice melted enough to drive to the grocery store yesterday afternoon. I really didn't need anything except human contact. It felt good to get out of the house for a little while and actually see that I wasn't the only human left on earth. Last night my grandson sent me an email asking if he could come to my house today. Of course, I said yes. It is the last day of his Christmas vacation. He arrived about an hour ago and after determining he hadn't had breakfast I made him french toast.

In a little while we will take a little jaunt into town and stop at Futures so I can get back to my morning walking. The center has been closed for the holidays for a few days and my body misses the familiar exercise. I also need to make up for the fudge and cookies I consumed because there was nobody but me in the house to eat them. That's my excuse and I am sticking with it!

The rest of the day is open for whatever we decide to do. We might just make a last batch of caramel corn. If we do, most of it is going home with him. Just hanging out with Colin is one of my favorite things to do and I have found we don't really need planned activities.

Today I am grateful that I survived the holidays alone and now I have earned the right to have human contact with a very special soul who always makes me feel special.

No comments:

Post a Comment