Sunday, March 31, 2013

A common thread

Reading some Facebook posts this morning inspired me to think about people and how we are all so different. My thoughts were searching for the common thread that binds us all together.

There are so many groups out there today. Some are for and some are against a cause. Everyone is entitled to their own opinions, which stem from their life experiences. Working toward strengthening what they believe and gathering others along the way, I guess is okay. I have a problem with people who think their way is the only way and if I don't follow there is something wrong with me. I admit I have been guilty of this act too. When we believe so strongly in something that is working for us it is human nature to try to sell it to others.  Isn't that what Jesus did?

It is mind boggling to think that the billions of souls residing on this planet called earth are all so different. Our creator has an unlimited imagination.

Color, race, gender, sexual preference, age, height, weight, physical ability, religion, political views, intelligence, education, health, creative talents and the list of differences goes on and on. They tend to create groups of sameness, which in my opinion is a step toward separateness. Next comes the really scary part of the equation; thinking that one group is better than another group. Now we have disrespect and non acceptance; leading to anger, avoidance and non-communication. Somehow I doubt if that is what our Creator saw for his children.

Possibly that is why there is a mighty big universal movement going on, reminding us one by one, that we need to remember that the reason we are here is to learn to accept the differences and love one another anyway.

The common thread I was searching for is that we are all spirits living a human life. We all originated from the same place and will eventually return from whence we came. Most of us will even try the experience again, until we get it right. There is always hope! 

Happy Easter to all you different lovable souls out there!



  

No comments:

Post a Comment