Saturday, March 16, 2013

You gotta wear green

Here we go again, about to celebrate another holiday promoted by the media- St. Patrick's Day is Monday. I'm not even Irish so what does it have to do with me? 

The closest I come is through my maternal  grandfather, who was of Scottish decent. I no longer drink and when I did never liked beer so I guess that leaves me out of the obligatory celebration. For years I purchased the meaningful corned beef brisket and made sure I had a head of cabbage and potatoes to boil for dinner. As far as wearing green goes, if I had it I wore it.

So again I ask myself, what does St. Patrick's Day have to do with me? My answer is absolutely nothing! Good grief I'm not even Catholic anymore, although the church might disagree with that! I remember somewhere along the line hearing "once Catholic always Catholic". Sorry about that, but I broke that rule several years ago and my soul belongs to me!

So this year I am going to ignore the media's control and treat the day no different than any other. I will cook, drink and wear whatever turns me on. The rest of the world can follow along like little sheep if they choose to, but I am not buying media control anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment