Friday, March 22, 2013

From dependence to independence

If I could overhear the words of encouragement my soul mind is saying to my conscious mind it might go like this, "Congratulations, I knew you could do it. You came equipped with all that you needed to succeed, you just didn't remember. You have moved from the position of dependance to independence and I am very proud of you. Now go encourage others do the same thing."

Surviving my experiences, especially those of the last couple of years, have pushed me over that last obstacle to the top of the mountain. Breathing in the clear fresh air of freedom is exhilarating! Look mom no hands holding onto anything or anyone. I'll bet you didn't think I could do it. Fooled us both didn't I?

My intentions have moved from asking to doing. If anyone else wants to join me on my adventures they are welcome to do so. If not, please find your own adventure. I believe in what I am doing and that's all that matters.

In the words of motivational speaker, Tamara Mena, "If you believe in you people will believe in you. If you believe in others people will believe in themselves."

And in the words of that wise little bear, Winnie the Poo, "You are braver than you believe, smarter than you seem and stronger than you think."

I believe what finally broke through that last membrane of the bubble was being able to step back and look at my life from the vantage point of a witness. I have always been able to do that, but lately my fearful ego kept getting in the way and diluting the progress I have made.

It is not that I am ungrateful for the help others have provided on my journey, because I am, but I now see that the souls who helped me the most allowed me to fall, pick myself up and try again. It seems odd, but those who offered little or no encouragement actually provided the fuel I needed to move from dependance to independence. Maybe I'm just a little weird, but I have always responded with a "watch me" attitude when told I couldn't do something.

So now that I am standing on top of the mountain, not holding onto anything and breathing clean fresh air; I could swear I can hear my grandmother's voice asking "What now my love?" 

No comments:

Post a Comment