Thursday, March 14, 2013

Come on spring

Even though our winter has been mild with only a smattering of snow flakes, as opposed to last year's several feet of the white stuff, I can't wait for spring to arrive. The weather is getting warmer, which has allowed my puppy to move outside for the better part of the day, doing whatever dogs enjoy doing. Thanks to my son-in-law the holes in my chain link fence have been blocked, allowing Ejay a half acre of land to freely explore, without being tied to anything. He is no longer under my feet from the time he wakes up, to the time he dozes off at night, in his comfy basket next to my bed.

My life, although actually busier, has gradually become less stressful day by day. Consciously only doing the things that make me happy and eliminating  people I formally believed had all their ducks in a row was all I had to do to see/be me.

There is no need to compare myself with anyone else nor particularly care what my fellow earth mates think about my choices. It has nothing to do with them.

I am simply going to follow my passion and my intuition and move on into spring. It is the time of new birth and cleaning up the rubbish left over from winter.

My passion and my purpose is to use my love affair with words to inspire others in whatever way possible. My blog, my writing group and my nursing home communication group are only a jumping off place for where I intend to go this spring.

There are several plans brewing just waiting for the right time to add to my cup of happiness. One of them could mature any day now as I am waiting for the background check to be completed to officially become a CASA volunteer. That stands for Court Appointed Special Advocate for children. I am very excited about the possibilities this move will bring to my life. I know it is exactly where I am supposed to be; giving a voice to children, who through no fault of their own, have lost theirs. 

Some of my friends are waiting for St. Patrick's Day, Palm Sunday and Easter, but me, I am waiting for spring and all the new beginnings it will bring to my world.


No comments:

Post a Comment