Wednesday, October 30, 2019

Stop blaming yourself

I need to get out of the habit of blaming myself when things go wrong. My latest example is my car. Since I got it back from installing a new radiator, spark plugs and a coil I have had serious problems starting it in the morning. I of course, thought it was my fault. I figured it was the way I was trying to start it.

I kept taking it back to the mechanic, he would check it and the only thing the diagnostic tool showed was it was missing. The car ran fine it just would not start on cold mornings.

After sitting at the repair shop for two hours this morning the tool finally said it was something called a map sensor. At last! Not only was I wrongly blaming myself, but I thought I was going crazy! My mechanic was happy that they finally figured out what the current problem is, and it wasn't me!

Hopefully the new part will come in the morning, the car will be fixed and this will be the end of my problems.

All this time I kept asking if the check engine sensor was malfunctioning because all it was saying was there was a miss fire. As it turned out I was right. It wasn't giving out the correct information until this morning.  

I really do need to stop blaming myself when things go wrong!

1 comment: