Friday, October 18, 2019

Technology

The technology that has been invented since I was born is amazing. I often say when I am having trouble with my computer or other device that I was not born in the right century. It is an excuse that few buy.

I remember the first time I viewed a TV program, as if it were yesterday. My family and I watched it through the window of an appliance store in our neighborhood. We eventually bought a set of our own. My father partially used it as a form of punishment. He would warn us not to turn it on when we got home from school if we had done something he considered unacceptable. Then he would feel the set when he came home to see if it was warm. Years later, as a young mother myself, I remember an addiction to soap operas like, "General Hospital" and "As the World Turns". Now I barley watch anything. Well alright, I do watch "Greys Anatomy" and "The Good Doctor" and specials and other stuff sometimes.

I also remember my daughter, who just turned 40, having a computer class in grade school. Wow how things change! I was introduced to my first computer about 20 years ago. All I did with it was play games. How sad! Over the years my computer and my skills have been upgraded quite a bit. I never play games anymore. I have written and published five inspirational books, created this blog in 2009 and have an online writing group. That's a long way from playing games.

Because of social media I have acquired friends from all over the world. I didn't even have to leave home. This would never have been possible without the invention of the computer. I am grateful that someone smarter than myself had the vision to believe in and improve technology during my lifetime. What a dull world it would have been without these inspiring individuals! 

 


1 comment:

  1. Making More Money Off Your Real Estate Investments

    Many people want to make money by investing in real estate, but you can lose money,play bazaar satta king too.

    ReplyDelete