Saturday, December 1, 2018

I did it

Even though people have been putting up their Christmas trees and decorations for awhile I was determined to wait until the first day of December. I did put a wreath on my front door to replace a pumpkin man though.

So today I removed the boxes from my closet that contained my decorations. I have a really nice assortment of snowmen that usually adorn my shelves and tables. I have been collecting them for several years.

What I avoided until the last was the table top tree. I almost didn't put it up last year, but changed my mind at the last minute. This year, after much contemplation, the tree and all its ornaments is staying in my closet.

I decided it just brings back too many past memories of when I actually had a family to celebrate with. The last time I had a family Christmas was 2009. Since then my grandson comes over for a short time on Christmas eve to exchange gifts and that's it. I am not even sure if he will be coming over this year.

My birthday, which is tomorrow, is pretty much not noticed, except for a gift from my son. The last birthday cake I had was, well so long ago I don't even remember.

Anyway the Christmas decorations are now up, minus a tree. I can't stand to let those little snowmen sit in a box all by themselves for another year.

No comments:

Post a Comment