Monday, December 17, 2018

Making progress

Alright!! I just got a call from the person who is delivering my new oven this morning. All I have to say is, this one had better work! I can finally bake some Christmas cookies. My favorite is Thumb Prints and I will be using plumb jelly to fill them. My son, who isn't much of a cookie fan, likes Peanut Butter Chocolate bar cookies. I already gave out the fudge, which thankfully did not require the use of my car, that is still in the auto shop.

All the gifts that needed to be mailed are on their way or have already arrived at their destination. I am so glad I followed my intuition and mailed them early. I have been informed that most of my family are going to be spending Christmas in Georgia. Since my oldest son and I won't be joining them I have a Christmas letter ready to mail to the Gunn clan. Hopefully it will be read when they open their gifts. I am trusting the universe on that one! The contents will be a big surprise for some of them. I wish I could see their faces!

Since my oldest son's birthday is also Christmas day I am going to invite someone to join us for dinner that I have known since he was a teenager. He and his brothers actually went to school with my second son. When you live in a small town you know people forever!

I am making progress with holiday plans even though the universe did its best to screw up my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment