Wednesday, December 19, 2018

You be the judge

The following is a copy of a letter I recently wrote to the Frigidaire corporate office, after I followed their unfair practices. This morning I received a phone call in response to my request for them to reimburse the charges I just paid. Their answer no way! So I am keeping my promise to use whatever means I have available to report the situation. You be the judge!

Frigidaire Corporate Office,

On March 21,2017 I purchased a Frigidaire wall oven at Baillo's in Albuquerque,NM. I live in Grants,NM. The cost of the oven was $1,379.34 including delivery. It cost me $225 to have it installed by your authorized repairman. This person has since retired. 

From the time it was installed to October 2018 the oven has refused to heat properly three times. Your warranty office set up service calls with the only authorized repair person left in Grants. This person is currently not in business.

The oven again stopped heating properly a couple days after Thanksgiving 2018. I called the warranty office to report the problem. On December 4th I got a call from a Frigidaire representative informing me that your company had decided to replace the oven because they could not locate a repairman in my area. I was also told that I was expected to pay $526.43 for a dealer to come to Grants, remove the old oven and install the new one, making sure it was working properly before he left. He would also take the old oven back to Albuquerque. I was told that this was not covered under the current extended warranty I purchased for $44.06 in March of 2018. I would like to add that this representative was very nice, but could only follow Frigidaire corporate procedure.

I reluctantly agreed because the only other option I was given was to remove the old oven, take it back to Baillo's, exchange it for a new one, bring it home and install it. How anyone thought I could accomplish that when your company had already admitted they could not find a local repairman is beyond me.  

I bought your product in good faith and followed all the instructions to have it repaired. It is not my fault that it has never worked properly or that a repairman could not me found the repair it. If I had found an unauthorized person to repair the faulty oven you would not have paid for it and no doubt cancelled the warranty. It is a totally useless piece of paper!

I am 81 years old and I live on a Social Security income. I cannot afford this unwarranted expense. I am asking that I be reimbursed for the $526.43 this mess is costing me. I feel I have been ripped off by Frigidaire! You can be assured that I will never purchase a Frigidaire product again if my request does not get the proper attention it deserves. I will also do everything in my power to spread the word about your company and your unfair practices, using all the social media contacts I have at my disposal.

No comments:

Post a Comment