Saturday, December 15, 2018

When you are bored

Since Monday I haven't been able to go anywhere because my car was kidnapped by the local auto shop. Hopefully I will get it back in a couple of days. That is if I pay for the costly repairs. Oh well it's only money!

My oven has also been out of order since shortly after thanksgiving so I haven't even been able to bake. That is supposed to be replaced Monday morning.

In the meantime I am getting more than a little bored. I decided to mess around with some pictures I drew with pencil several years ago. I thought they needed color so I chose the one I have used as the picture for my writing site, grabbed my newly purchased box of brush pens, never having used them before, and got to work. I guess it wasn't bad for a first effort.
Then I decided to make a picture I drew in pencil back in 2001 come to life. This one is very special and is titled, "Journey Home". It is a mental view I was given of a young woman who had died of cancer and her angelic guides. I believe the female figure is her aunt and the male is her grandfather. Perhaps using color pencils on the original makes it come to life. I'll let you judge for yourself. I have never claimed to be an artist.

I'm still bored but at least I found something interesting to try my hand on.

No comments:

Post a Comment