Saturday, December 22, 2018

100% free

Nine days before the year ends and I do not owe anyone anything! I am not sure how I did that, but I did.

When I think about all the home renovations I have paid for in the last couple of years and the unexpected expenses I have taken care of I am amazed at what I have accomplished.

I can't help looking back on my ex-husband's situation. Our ages were about six weeks apart. We were married for 27 years when we mutually divorced in 1999. From that point on our lives could not have been more different. He had a full time job, a Social Security income and sold his parent's house. Because of the way he lived, he died in a nursing home with nothing but a ton of bills that Indian Services ended up paying. My missing family also took care of his every need while he was alive.

I, on the other hand have held part time jobs to supplement my Social Security income, take care of myself by myself and as I previously mentioned, owe no one anything as this year ends.

When I view the difference between our lives I can't help but be proud of the way I have managed mine, with no help from my wonderful family.

No comments:

Post a Comment