Sunday, December 30, 2018

The middle

Yesterday I shared a short poem I wrote on 1/29/15 with the soul who was the inspiration. The poem has no title but here it is:

As the New Year comes around I believe
I will never be who you want me to be
You will never be who I want you to be but,
We can search for and meet in the middle.

This morning I realize that even though the poem was written with a specific person in mind, it applies to everyone in my life. I am the only person who has lived my life and therefore am the only one who has experienced the ups and downs on my assigned path.This is not only true of my life, but of every person I have met through the years.

During my life I have spent way too much time comparing myself to others and listening to who those others think I should be. It is time that I sail my ship by myself and only listen to my intuition, the voice of my own soul.

I sincerely hope the person I sent my poem to responds in a positive manner, but if he doesn't choose to find the middle, that is his choice and his life.


2 comments: