Sunday, December 9, 2018

A Christmas tradition

My most favorite Christmas tradition is making a batch of fudge and sharing it with my friend John, whose wife died in 2007. She was also my friend. I make it every year because she would if she could. Following is a memorial he wrote for his wife that appeared in our local paper several years ago.

We know that almost every joy in life involves the element of risk and yet we don't want to miss out on the joys and love that may come into our life, because we are afraid of being hurt. It's worth the risk. We choose to love others, our family and friends, because God gave us free will to choose and the deep mutual need for other people in our life. The more deeply we love, the more deeply it hurts when we experience the loss of our loved one. With every rising of the sun, when each day starts without you, I try not to think that we're far apart, but that you are right here in my heart. For nothing great is lightly won, and nothing won is ever lost, when we believe that God knows best. For I believe it is God's will for you and I to be together again some day.
John

No comments:

Post a Comment