Monday, December 10, 2018

Cash or credit?

I'm not sure what the universe is trying to do to me but the last few weeks of this year have been an experience I do not want to relive.

Last month I paid my favorite plumber $275 to repair a leak under my house that I didn't know I had. Last week he came to fix a leaking water faucet in my bathroom. That ended up costing me another $350 because he had to replace the faucets due to our yucky water in Grants. Next, because we do not have an appliance repair person here, Frigidaire, is going to charge me $488 for someone to come from Albuquerque and replace my oven, still under warranty, with a new one. I was informed my warranty doesn't cover installing a new one.

This morning another little tidbit happened. I was leaving the family center after exercising, heading to the grocery store, when my car just stopped. Yup it would not move. A very nice lady stopped to see what she could do. She volunteered to push me off the road to a small patch of dirt so the car would be out of danger of being hit from behind. She then took me home. I was very grateful for the kindness of the lady. At the moment I am waiting to find out what is wrong with the car and just how much this is going to cost.

Up until this morning I will  have paid for everything in cash, even though I am trying to save $4,333 for a new roof on my house next summer. I just found out my car is going to cost $1,200 for a new timing belt. Oh, I almost forgot to add the $4,300 I already spent on a leach line for my septic tank a few months ago.

My thought this morning is THANK GOD I HAVE GOOD CREDIT!


No comments:

Post a Comment