Saturday, December 29, 2018

My little mountain

I have lived in my current house facing a mesa at the end of the street since 1980. It has only been in recent years that I developed a love affair with the view. It's probably because the room that I have been using as an office was occupied by my daughter as her bedroom. When she graduated from high school in 1997 she moved out and I moved in. It took a few years to get comfortable in the space, but now I love it.Everything I need to be creative is at my fingertips.

I have taken a lot of pictures of the mesa outside my office window. It sometimes seems as if it has a mind of its own. I would like to share a few of them with you. The first was taken this morning after the snow we got yesterday. It was really pretty as I looked out and saw the sun begging me to take a picture.





The sun can do amazing things to my little mountain.
The view changes often depending on the time of day and the current weather.
Some of my best views have been seen toward evening.
Whatever time of day I am always rewarded with a perfect picture of my little mountain and even though I have on occasion thought of moving I don't believe that is in my future.



2 comments:

  1. Outside your window is your ery own little piece of heaven. ♡

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think there is something very special about my little mountain.

    ReplyDelete