Sunday, December 2, 2018

Happy birthday!

The calendar says that today I have lived 81 years It doesn't feel like it! I look around and I see that I have outlived my parents, my brother and all of my first cousins. My three children are still alive, although two of them no longer bother to communicate. Only two of my four grandchildren acknowledge that I am still living. It's a really good thing I have friends who care!

Speaking of friends, one of them just suggested, never mind what your birth certificate says, pick a year that you would like to be. I decided to give that some thought. I think I will go back to the year 1999 when I was 62. That sounds about right! It is the year I decided to start dumping all the negative things from my life. It has taken me 19 years to accomplish that.

1999 was the year I decided that I had enough of living life for other people and it was time I focused on myself and the God given gifts I was given. I clearly remember an experience that occurred during a hypnosis session to stop smoking. Suddenly a bolt of lightening came from somewhere out there and pierced my heart. I felt no pain, but the memory was embedded on my brain. I think it was a wake up call to get on with what I was sent here to do.

I believe my mission or gift if you will, is to inspire others to be the best that they can be.

So today on my 81st birthday I am going to be 62, a magical year!

No comments:

Post a Comment