Friday, April 23, 2010

A Spirit Guide With Character

(The following is the introduction to my self-published CD "A Hole in the Middle...Journey of an Enlightened Egotist".)

In 1999 I was a very angry wife and mother of three grown children. I hated everything about my life. I especially hated the fact that I had smoked for 40 years and desperately wanted to quit. At that time I did not understand that my nicotine addiction started because I needed a best friend. When I began smoking nobody said anything about it causing illness or death. The saddest fact is that I didn’t even enjoy the nasty habit.

After trying for months to quit on my own I pleaded with God to send someone to help me. I apparently did the right thing because soon after my request, along came a spirit, whom I later named Richard. Although I now believe he has been in my life since my childhood I was not consciously aware that he existed until I asked for help.

It took several years to fully appreciate our relationship. He is patient, understanding, non-judgmental, strong, encouraging, mischievous and projects a unique sense of humor. I have been told that he thinks of himself as a Clark Gable type and he is probably right.

With Richard’s guidance I have been on an incredible journey to rid my soul of negative energy. If it were not for our partnership I would still be the angry wife and mother that I was ten years ago. God made an excellent choice when he matched up our souls and I am grateful for the extraordinary gift of communication that has resulted from the paring. Richard will always be my idea of a best friend.

(I gave Richard a well earned vacation about a year ago and since I haven't "seen" him much since I think he feels I can now take care of myself by myself!)

2 comments:

  1. I so much love Richard and the guiding force he has been in your life! Maybe he's on "vacation" but I somehow think he never really leaves your side. p.s. The kids have been on spring break so my reading has been on hold, will continue in my QUIET home on Monday:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Cindy, I love him too. Sometimes I wonder what his real name is??

    ReplyDelete