Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Me, Myself and I

In the last few weeks I have promoted other authors, poets, lyricists, musicians, bloggers, friends and even spirits residing in another realm. Today it is all about me and promoting the wondrous gift of inspirational writing that I possess. I believe the big difference between my take on the world and what the majority of writers offer is brevity. I choose my words carefully and use as few as possible to make my point.

A good portion of those supposedly in the know and evolved beyond the norm are just plain boring. They go on and on and I often wonder if they even remember what they are trying to say. Is it really necessary to use every word in the dictionary to impress their audience? Or are they simply trying to convince their own being that they are intelligent? Something to think about isn’t it?

Anyway, back to me. My reading audience will never find anything I write beyond the intelligence of an ordinary human being, because those are the people I write for. Several years ago my mentor, Marilyne, suggested I read read read and “pad” my writing with my own experiences. She was absolutely right! Everyone knows truth is stranger than fiction. My life experiences have been much like a tasty smorgasbord. There is no need to make anything up. There is something for everyone.

Now let’s move on to the nitty gritty of today’s blog. I have two published books, Wake Up! (2004) ISBN: 1-4137-1689-X and A Gathering of Spirit (2005) ISBN: 1-4137-8203-5. Both books offer a combination of personal experiences and true life stories, obtained through interviews, featuring residents of Cibola County, New Mexico. Most of the life stories were first published in the Cibola County Beacon, where I did an educational stint as a columnist. The books can be ordered from Publish America, Amazon, any book store or if you are short of money, borrowed from the public library.

Since publishing my second book I have been working on a manuscript, A Hole in the Middle…the Journey of an Enlightened Egotist; currently being offered as a read only word CD for a minimal price of $5.00, which includes shipping in the US. The project is now 70 pages packed full of the experiences that have resulted in my current spiritual evolvement. It chronicles the path I took to get from there to here!

Anyone interested in the CD please send me an email: begunn37@q.com and we will exchange pertinent information.

Okay that’s about it my friends. I feel better now that I have taken the time to promote myself for a change. Happy reading to you all and have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment