Saturday, April 10, 2010

A Determined Angel

I discovered that a “determined” angel can take the form of absolutely anything to get our attention. When I entered the gym at “Futures” yesterday ½ of the ceiling lights were out. Because of a current situation in my life I took it as a message from the universe and it caused me to smile.

As I walked from the light into the darkness I started singing “You’ll Never Walk Alone”, which starts out “when you walk through a storm keep your head up high and don’t be afraid of the dark”. Thank goodness nobody else was within hearing distance because my singing voice is less than perfect- way less!

As I continued to walk by myself the word “iffin” kept popping up. It is a word a special facebook friend had used repeatedly on his posts. It is not even a real word and Webster would have a fit if it appeared in the dictionary. I began to examine why every single time I saw it “iffin” manifested a peaceful connection, a flow of love, a gentle hand on my shoulder offering the message- “think about it, if this is true…then this is also true, believe it!”

About this time a female friend entered the gym and began her walk. Before long we met on our journey. She had stopped and was staring at something on the floor in front of her. Curious I stopped to see what she saw. It was a silver helium balloon tied with a pink ribbon. It had lost hot air and had dropped from above. It was gently blocking our path. Something prompted me to ask my friend, “What would you name something that dropped from the sky? She took another look at our visitor and said “an angel.”

With that I picked up the “angel” and took him/her home, knowing without a doubt it was a message meant for me. I tied my angel to the lamp on my computer table, where it stayed until this morning.

Now, back to the “iffin” guy, who also possesses a soul as closely connected to mine as any two souls can be. How is that for special! We communicated via email for some time then one day, 3/28/10, to be exact he vanished. That is not to say that I was unable to feel his presence. He just lost his voice!

If you have read my blog for any length of time you know that I am a determined soul. Never give up is probably written somewhere on my forehead in invisible ink. I have continued to send brief emails to “iffin” which have not produced the results I expected. I had no idea what the problem was.

Enter Eric Allen’s book “The New Way”. I knew there was a reason I should read it I just didn’t know what it was. This morning the light shone brightly on my computer table and it was coming from the silver balloon tied with a pink ribbon, tied to the lamp, sitting on the desk. Eric is right our thoughts create our own problems!

When I took the focus off what I thought was a problem and focused on a positive solution the problem no longer existed. I used all of the positive energy I could muster to send thoughts of love and healing to “iffin”. With that much “positive power” on my side it shouldn’t be long until we are again walking on the same path.

Thank you Eric thank you my “determined angel” I couldn’t have done it without your assistance.

2 comments:

  1. I love your "determined angel" Barbara...and most importantly, I love that you are listening:) I know your angel is too. And now you have me curious about "iffin'". I'm looking forward to the continued journey, no matter how the road twists and turns. What an absolutely beautiful post today. Thank you:)

    ReplyDelete