Sunday, April 18, 2010

Guest Writer Cindy Weintruab Brennen, LMSW

(It is my pleasure to introduce my friend Cindy (Cynthia) Brennen. We have recently discovered that we share a strong kindred spirit difficult to ignore. I have given her my space today. It’s all yours Cindy and thank you very much!)

“God grant the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.” ~Reinhold Niebur

If you break down the Serenity Prayer into sections, the message becomes clear. You cannot change others or experiences out of your control. You have the ability to change yourself, if you wish. Oftentimes, we need to look at our fears and drum up the courage to make the leap. Examine the difference between what is within your control and what isn’t. As decisions are made, never forget your spiritual connection to the universe. This will give you strength and inner peace as you move through each step.

Change can be difficult. Change can be easy. The Serenity Prayer has helped me through many changes in my life, the art of letting go and the courage to hold on. Listen to your inner guidance as it connects you to the wisdom of Spirit. You will be well on your way. Blessings…

2 comments:

  1. Thank you, Barbara, and yes, I feel a deep kindred spirit with you! May you enjoy your writing rest, although I know you will miss it:) Wishing you a beauteous, glorious, salubrious day, my friend...namaste

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bet you can't say that three times in a row!!
    While I was "resting" I typed up the next one.

    ReplyDelete