Sunday, May 31, 2020

Color

Color seems to be an important factor in the world today. In my family it isn't a big deal. My youngest child, my grandchildren and my great-grandchildren all have a percentage of Native American blood in their veins. My grandson-in-law is also African American, making my two oldest great grandchildren more than a little bit bi-racial. In case you lost track, that's Native American, African American and Anglo.

I was just thinking about the important people in my life and realized that both my chiropractor and cardiologist are of black ancestry, All that matters to me is those little letters that go after their names.

Because of social media I have friends all over the world. I care about what kind of friends they are, not what color their skin is.

Growing up in the State of Washington, my first experience with a person of color didn't happen until I was a new mother in Seattle. My in laws had a repairman who was black. To this day I can recall his coming to my house to get a peek at the child I had given birth to. I find it odd that after sixty years, that his name, which was Clarence, just popped up in my mind.

New Mexico has been called a melting pot of nationalities. I am surrounded by it. I have been thinking about why our State has so many positive virus cases and deaths among Native Americans. I believe it is due to how they live, not because of their skin color. Do you really think the Creator has it in for people with different skin tones? Seriously?!



  

  

No comments:

Post a Comment