Saturday, May 16, 2020

What now?

Grants High School pulled off their drive through graduation and now the 170 graduates have their diplomas. I am wondering what now?

Those headed for college can't go because the schools are closed and there is some doubt that they will open in the fall. They can't move out because there is no place for them to go. They most likely won't be able to get a job because there is already a record number unemployed. They are pretty much stuck right where they are, at least for the time being.

Although I am happy that the school was able to have a virtual graduation, there is one thing that causes me to be concerned. The original plan was to have one student plus a driver, if necessary, in each car. They ended up allowing as many occupants in each car as it could hold. I thought that was a really bad idea and I pray that it does not raise the virus count for our town.

Like everyone else, I will just have to sit back and wait for what now?

No comments:

Post a Comment