Monday, May 4, 2020

Teachers

During the last twenty years I have had many teachers, but two stand out in my mind. They were both males and oddly were both born in 1942, five years after my birth. They had many things in common and they both inspired my spiritual growth. During the years I knew them they both caused me to express anger at one time or another. They were not exactly road blocks to my future but they made me stop and think about where I was going. Today I am grateful to have had the experiences they brought me. Both men came from backgrounds that I new nothing about and were the best teachers I could have had.

In thinking back to those experiences I am asking myself what did I learn from them? I think both men were put into my life to teach me to believe in myself, to stand up for myself and stop living my life as a sheep. I learned to accept new ideas and to express them through writing. Coming from a family that did not offer a whole lot of support, that was not an easy lesson to learn.

As I have previously stated, teachers come in all shapes and sizes we just need to be willing to learn from them. 


No comments:

Post a Comment