Tuesday, June 2, 2020

Mixed thoughts

Yesterday was a day of mixed thoughts and opinions with people in my life. The day began with a conversation with my home repair person about what's going on in the world. He is a Trump supporter and I am not. We can have an intelligent conversation even though we have different points of view. I'm not going to convince him and he is not going to convince me to change our minds, but there are things we agree on. Besides that he is doing a great job on my house!

Next I had a phone conversation with a long time friend. She is also a strong Trump supporter and thinks he is God's gift to something. Interestingly, she is a registered Democrat. I am too, although that is only because you have to register as something or you can't vote. She claims she did not and will not vote for any Democrats and made the comment that she hoped I made the same choice. Who I vote for is really none of her business! During the conversation she made the comment that the Democrats already had their convention, maybe I missed that? She also made the comment that the virus, riots and pretty much any negative action was the fault of the Democrats to keep Trump from getting elected again. Seriously?!

I really thought this person was an intelligent being until this phone conversation. After I hung up I wondered if she was suffering from a form of dementia or was she simply brain washed?

Anyway, a little later I had an in person conversation with a neighbor whom I hadn't talked to in some time. We agreed that we both had little respect with the current leader of the U.S. I shared with her that I had really expected him to be assassinated a long time ago.She said she did too. We kind of passed around what might happen with this election. I made the statement,"Even if Trump is elected I don't think he will live very long." That would make whomever is the VP, the next president. There have been eight others in the history of the U.S. that this jump has happened to.

The events that will be happening will be interesting and I am happy I get to observe them from my quiet little town of Grants, NM

  

No comments:

Post a Comment