Thursday, June 25, 2020

Change is good

Wearing a mask, I took care of my yearly eye exam yesterday, to satisfy the MVD. It was four months early because my optometrist is retiring this month. I have been going to this same man for over forty years. As I left the office I made the comment, "I guess this is the last time I will ever come into this building". Even though the staff laughed it made me a little sad.

I am slowly getting back to a different view of normal. I previously mentioned that I resumed a treatment plan with my chiropractor. It had been put on hold due to the pandemic. I have been seeing her since she came to Grants, NM, eleven years ago. Before that I had been seeing someone who had also retired to take care of his wife.

The next step on getting back to a little more normal is a visit to my dermatologist in another week. I have a recurring problem that if I don't get it taken care of will become worse. I am not thrilled with the PA I was seeing before the pandemic so I am secretly hoping she will not be the person to do the exam. Nothing she previously prescribed fixed the problem I am having.

During the last few months I have been able to take care of some renovations on my house. Not spending money elsewhere has allowed me to save more than usual, which in turn has allowed me to get the needed work done.

I have come to the conclusion that change is not always a bad thing. The bad thing is that our minds resist change, but the mind can be retrained!

No comments:

Post a Comment