Saturday, June 6, 2020

The twenty dollar joke

Yesterday began when my son asked if I had change for a twenty dollar bill. Checking, I asked what he really needed, He said, $15. I had a ten and a five so I gave that to him. He handed me the twenty. I figured I would get change when I went to the grocery store later in the day, so I could give him the other five.

I have to add an incident that happened when I parked in the grocery store parking lot because I somehow believe it is part of the joke. As I looked up into the sky I clearly saw the face of a smiling head who looked like a man. I don't believe I knew him, but I made a mental note of the sighting.

I then went into the store and did my shopping. In the meat department I noticed butterfly shrimp at a good price and knew I had a $2 off coupon. I began digging around for it, located it and put it with a couple others I planned to use.

When I checked out I asked the checker if I could get some change. I dug around in the small purse I was carrying and couldn't find the $20 bill. I wondered where it went, because I knew I had included it in the contents of the purse.

Driving home I decided I must have dropped the bill on the floor when I was searching for the shrimp coupon. I thought, "Oh well it must have made someone happy when they picked it up." There really wasn't anything I could do about it.

After unloading the groceries I reached into my pants pocket for what I thought was the receipt. I pulled out the $20 bill! I concluded I had been set up for a huge joke.

This morning I found the quote, "In the next moment anything can happen" and knew I had to share my story of the $20 joke.




No comments:

Post a Comment