Monday, April 6, 2020

Another Angle

On September 11, 2002 my first newspaper column titled, Another Angle, was published in the Cibola Beacon. For some time my intuition has been telling me to share it once again. If you know anything about me you know I follow my intuition, believing it is my soul speaking to me. With that said I am sharing that column with you today. Here it is.

In our little town of Grants,NM it is not unusual for things to disappear and appear overnight. Remember your reaction the first time you drove by First and Santa Fe and the Gunderson Furniture Store was gone? This column is a little like that in reverse. One day it wasn't and now it is, thanks to the vision and opportunity offered by the Cibola Beacon.

I have accepted a major gift of sight which allows me to see things other people see from a slightly different angle. This column focuses on positive people, doing their best to live their lives, no matter what happens to them. Before you ask, no I do not have a degree in journalism. I have a degree in life and love writing. Recessed genes, perhaps! A sense of humor has always worked when all else fails.

Many people have left their mark on my life. President John F. Kennedy made a lasting impression on me for his creative use of words."Ask not what you can do for you, but what you can do for your county.", still rings in my ear as clearly as if it just spoken. It is as appropriate today as it was over forty years ago. Substituting family or town for the word country, makes it more personal.

Some people have taught me by example, what not to do. My deceased mother had some wonderful sayings that I have outgrown. Her, "Never put anything in writing", makes this column all the more fun to write. I have some sayings of my own. One of my favorites is, Believe and it will be.
 

I like to write about people whom, when told they can't, do it anyway. People who listen with their heart, and judge for themselves, no matter what others say. If this column is for you, welcome to the family!







No comments:

Post a Comment