Sunday, April 19, 2020

Alone

In thinking about my current situation I spend most of my days alone. My son leaves for work a little before 8:00 a.m and returns about 5:00 p.m. He then has dinner and retires to his part of the house. I mostly don't see him for the rest of the night. My only adventure away from the house is a weekly trip to the grocery store to pick up what we might need. It is not a fun trip! I wonder the entire time if I have picked up the virus. So far, so good, but who knows what will happen next time.

I have a friend who is complaining because he is stuck in his apartment. He has a caregiver who checks on him and gives him his medications. He is also given his meals, cooked by someone else. So he might be bored, but he is living in a safe environment, with people looking out for him. I am getting a little tired of his complaining.

I try to spend my days doing what I can to help other people, at a safe distance, of course. I also try to forget that the majority of my family don't give a rats ass about me. In the last six weeks I have not received one phone call of Facebook message from them asking if I am okay.

Like everyone else I am trying to cope with the current situation. 

No comments:

Post a Comment